This recipe is adapted to be Gluten Free from the Brownie recipe on the back of a Meijer Chocolate Chips bag. These were my favorite brownies before going GF, and they remain just as good as the original after removing the wheat flour. These are great with a tall glass of cold milk, or as a base for an awesome Brownie Hot Fudge Sundae. Just top with Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge (We love Sanders!) and whipped cream. What a treat!
2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2/3 Cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/3 Cup Butter, Softened
1/4 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish.
2) Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave on high power for one minute. Stir until completely melted.
2) In small bowl, combine 2/3 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix (I use Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour), 1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum.
3) In mixing bowl, combine 1/3 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar. Beat until fluffy.
4) Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla to butter mixture. Beat well.
5) Slowly stir in melted chocolate. Blend.
6) Slowly add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Stir until smooth.
7) Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup nuts, if desired.
8 ) Spread batter in prepared pan.
9) Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
10) Cool and cut into squares.